Critical Questions for Your Physician and Radiologist
Questions compiled with assistance from Drs. Daniel Appelbaum and Robert Edelman
1. How will this test specifically improve my care?
2. How will the findings dictate changes in my care?
3. Is there another test you can do that doesn’t use radiation?
4. What is being done to make sure that the radiation dose is as low as possible?
5. Is the center accredited by the American College of Radiology or other accreditation organization?
6. How old is the equipment, since older equipment might use more radiation?
7. Do I really need a follow-up CT scan?
Provided by Henry “Elie” Schwartz, MD, Schwartz Pediatrics Who is at risk for meningitis? Those at an
By Marius N. Stan, M.D., Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic DEAR MAYO CLINIC: At my last checkup, the
The following questions and answers were provided by John V. Prunskis, MD, FIPP, medical director
The following questions and answers were provided by Mitchell Bernsen, MD, managing partner at Illinois
The following questions and answers were provided by Rajat Malhotra, MD, Medical Oncology/Hematology at Illinois