Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
Questions compiled by Eve Becker as suggested to her by Dr. Gregory Dumanian and Dr. David Song
• Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
• What procedures do you specialize in?
• Why is this procedure the best one for me, rather than a similar one?
• What is a realistic expectation regarding the outcome of the surgery?
• How many procedures of this type have you performed?
• What is your complication rate with this procedure?
• What are the most common complications or side effects?
• What are my options for anesthesia?
• How much physical pain can I expect from the procedure?
• When can I resume normal activities, and when can I go back to work?
• Can I see before-and-after pictures for three months, six months and one year after the procedure for patients on whom you have performed this procedure?
• Will I receive, in written form, a breakdown of the costs for cosmetic procedures?Email This Post
Provided by Henry “Elie” Schwartz, MD, Schwartz Pediatrics Who is at risk for meningitis? Those at an
By Marius N. Stan, M.D., Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic DEAR MAYO CLINIC: At my last checkup, the
The following questions and answers were provided by John V. Prunskis, MD, FIPP, medical director
The following questions and answers were provided by Mitchell Bernsen, MD, managing partner at Illinois
The following questions and answers were provided by Rajat Malhotra, MD, Medical Oncology/Hematology at Illinois