Questions compiled by Eve Becker as told to her by Dr. Babak Mokhlesi and Dr. James Wyatt
• Are you board certified in sleep medicine?
• Is your sleep disorders center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine?
• What type of specialists work at your sleep center?
• Do I have a sleeping disorder? If so, what type?
• Could I have sleep apnea?
• What are the potential long-term consequences of sleep apnea?
• Could any of my medications be causing my sleep disorder or making it worse?
• What kinds of tests do I need?
• Do I need a sleep study?
• Will my insurance cover seeing a specialist and undergoing a sleep study?
• What are all of my treatment options and their likelihood of success?
• Would surgery be effective?
• I have these other health conditions. How can I best manage them together?
• What lifestyle changes will ease symptoms?
• What is a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device?
• What can I do to make using my CPAP machine more comfortable?
• What kind of follow-up treatment should I receive?