Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon
Dr. Anthony A. Romeo is a world-renowned specialist in the surgical management of shoulder and elbow problems. Patients including adolescents with loose shoulders, seniors with arthritis and tendon tears, professional athletes, heavy demand workers, and those who desire to participate in recreational sports seek out his advice for the best non-surgical treatments available and the most advanced, minimally invasive, outpatient operations when conservative care does not provide the desired result.
His goals for each patient — no matter how complex their problem — are focused on reducing pain, restoring function, and improving quality of life.
With more than 450 peer-reviewed publications and 2,000 lectures behind him, Dr. Romeo has contributed to ongoing innovation in treating shoulder arthritis, rotator cuff tears, elbow ligament tears, fractures, and more. He travels the world to demonstrate his expertise through live surgical procedures, lectures, and educational opportunities.
As a double board-certified surgeon in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine who has worked in Chicago for more than 25 years, Dr. Romeo:
- Treats many high school, professional, NCAA, MLB, and Olympic-level athletes.
- Served as a team physician to the Chicago White Sox and the Chicago Bulls.
- Served as president of American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons.
- Consults as an active member of the Major League Baseball Research Committee.
- Serves as chief medical editor of Orthopaedics Today.
- Leads the Musculoskeletal Institute at Duly Health and Care.
Dr. Romeo has been voted by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America many years in a row, and he’s been recognized as a Top Doctor for more than 20 years. He is one of fewer than 6% of physicians routinely selected to receive the Patient’s Choice Award.
If you’re dealing with shoulder or elbow pain, reach out to Dr. Romeo today. Whether it’s an initial diagnosis or a second opinion, he’s ready to help.