Questions compiled with assistance from Drs. Daniel Appelbaum and Robert Edelman
1. How will this test specifically improve my care?
2. How will the findings dictate changes in my care?
3. Is there another test you can do that doesn’t use radiation?
4. What is being done to make sure that the radiation dose is as low as possible?
5. Is the center accredited by the American College of Radiology or other accreditation organization?
6. How old is the equipment, since older equipment might use more radiation?
7. Do I really need a follow-up CT scan?